Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Playlist for 10/14/09: On Boozy Bloating & Baseball



Better late than never I suppose. The baseball playoffs (the opening theme for this episode of Zero Hour) and grading papers have kept me busy – and then there’s the whole laziness factor to overcome. Greg Cartwright, bad man and onetime WMSE guest DJ, was saluted in my Zero $ Quartet feature. I’ll try to post this week’s playlist tomorrow or at least not wait until next week.

Download or stream the show right here.

The Death of Big Ed Delahanty - The Baseball Project - Volume 1: Frozen Ropes And Dying Quails (Yep Rock)
Rain Delay – Marah - Let's Cut the Crap and Hook Up Later On Tonight (Phidelity)
TV Party Tonight - Black Flag – Damaged (SST)
Personality Crisis (live) – New York Dolls – Manhattan Mayhem (Jungle)
Stukas over Disneyland - The Dickies - Stukas over Disneyland (Restless)
Harvey Haddix - The Baseball Project – Live at Cat’s Cradle 9-26-2009 (Archive.org)

Let it Die - The Dutchess and the Duke – Sunset/Sunrise (Hardly Art)
I’ll Be Your Lover (But I Can’t Be Your Baby) – The Ettes – Do You Want Power
Hombre Lobo - Los Explosivos – S/T (Get Hip)

Like A Rolling Stone - Gang War - Milwaukee’s Blank Generation (WMSE)
My Mustang Ford – Chuck Berry - More Rock 'n' Roll Rarities (Chess/MCA)
I’m the Man – Al Ferrier - Hey Baby! The Rockin South (Ace)
Let’s Get Funky - Jack O’Fire – Destruction of Squaresville (Estrus)

I’m Bad, I’m Nationwide - Dwight Yoakam – Dwight’s Used Records (Koch)
Wham Bam – Buck Owens - Tiger by the Tail (Sundazed)
Chew Tobacco Rag – Zeb Turner - Tennessee Boogie & Jersey Rock (Westside UK)

Zero $ Quartet
If I Can’t Come Back - Reigning Sound – Love & Curses (In the Red)
I’m Not a Psycho I’ve Got a Plate in My Head – Oblivians – Soul Food (Crypt)
Brown Paper Sack - Reigning Sound - Time Bomb High School
Bad Man - Greg Cartwright - Live at the Circle A (Dusty Medical)

Members Only – Bobby “Blue” Bland – Chitlin’ Circuit Soul (Rhino)
Hell Yes, I Cheated – Johnny Adams – More Dirty Laundry: The Soul Of Black Country (Trikont)
Love You So – King Khan & BBQ Show – S/T (Goner)
In Case You Need Love – The Screws – Shake Your Monkey (In the Red)

100 Years From Now - Velvet Crush – Hold Me Up single (Creation)
Sorry – The Plimsouls – Live One Night in America (Oglio)
Who Taught You To Live Like That? – Sloan - Never Hear The End Of It (Yep Roc)
Rainbow - Apples in Stereo - #1 Hits Explosion (Yep Roc)
Let Your Heart Decide It – Noise Addict - It was Never About the Audience (noiseaddict.net)
Brokenhearted I Will Wander – Dennis Brennan - Engagement (Hi &Dry)

Another Foggy Yesterday - Goodnight Loving – Crooked Lake (Dusty Medical)
Blues of the Teenage Mind – The Gondoliers– S/T (Earie)
Kiddie Pool - Killer Filler - Filler Up! (Self)


I’m the Mail She’s Waiting For – Chuck Wood - Plantation Gold: the Mad Genius of Shelby S. Singleton Jr. and Plantation/SSS Records 1967-1976 (Omni)
Four On The Floor (And A Fifth Under The Seat) - Trooper Jim Foster - Plantation Gold: the Mad Genius of Shelby S. Singleton Jr. and Plantation/SSS Records 1967-1976 (Omni)
The Good Lord Giveth And Uncle Sam Taketh Away- Webb Pierce - Plantation Gold: the Mad Genius of Shelby S. Singleton Jr. and Plantation/SSS Records 1967-1976 (Omni)
Yes, My Goodness, Yes – Willie Hobbs - My Goodness, Yes: Soul Treasures from the Silver Fox Label (Sundazed)
Crying in the Streets, Part 1 - George Perkins & The Silver Stars - My Goodness, Yes: Soul Treasures from the Silver Fox Label (Sundazed)

Kerosene – Bottle Rockets – S/T (ESD)
Waitress Song – Freakwater – Old Paint (Thrill Jockey)
Tall Boy – The Meat Purveyors – More Songs About Buildings and Cows (Bloodshot)
Why I Drink – Go to Blazes – Waiting Around for the Crash (ESD)

Little Girl – Bo Diddley – The Chess Box (Chess/MCA)
Justine - Don & Dewey – Jungle Hop (Specialty)
Quiet Whiskey – Wynonie Harris – Bloodshot Eyes (Rhino)
Bar the Door – The Roamin’ Togas – Teenage Shutdown: Things Been Bad (Crypt)
I Wish You Would – The Yardbirds – Ultimate (Rhino)
Shakin’ All Over – Raylene & The Blue Angels - Destroy that Boy: More Girls With Guitars (Ace)
Rock And Roll Is On My Soul - Chuck Grey - Just Shuckin' Around:'53-'63 Wild & Crazy L.A. R&B (Panic)
I’ll Do the Dishes – Joe Carson – Hillbilly Band From Mars (Bear Family)
Don’t Play Number Ten (On the Juke Box Tonight) – Joyce Moore – One More Record Please (Bear Family)
Make Up Your Mind – The Spencers - Country & West Coast: The Birth Of Country Rock (Big Beat)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails