Thursday, December 17, 2009

Playlist for 12/16/09: 10 Wheels for Santa









Looking back at my playlist, I suppose I was in a very garagey frame of mind this week, from the bands used in the opening Christmas-themed set to the nutty mofos who ended the show. I don’t know – I imagine bleary-eyed insomniacs at 2:45 on a workweek morning, turning on WMSE and hearing “10 Wheels for Jesus” and then making life-changing vocational choices. And that makes me happy. New music from Bob Log III, a selection from the highly recommended two disc-set that accompanies the new Oxford American music issue and a Zero $ Quartet salute to the mighty Tom Russell.

Anyone wondering what to get Zero Hour for Chrismas? Look no further.

Download or stream the show right here.

Run Rudolph Run - The Fleshtones
Sock It to Me Santa - King Salami & The Cumberland Three
Santa's Gonna Shut 'Em Down - The Untamed Youth
Deck the Halls - Los Straitjackets
Santa Claus is Surfin' to Town - Soupy Sales

1,2,3 Party - Mission of Burma
Me Hungry - King Kong
All I Ever Do - Daisy
Temperament Twist - Doug Gillard
The Replacements - Art Brut

Heartbreaks & Razorblades - Miss Derringer
Shake A Little, Wiggle It, and Jiggle It Too – Bob Log III
Apple Pie and Genocide - Greg Ashley
Biggest Nugget of Them All - Jail
Scorpio - Dutchess & the Duke
The Memphis Train - Rufus Thomas
Trying to Live My Life Without You - Otis Clay
It Happened in Tennessee (Part 2) - Wayne Jackson

7” Six-Pack
Statues - The Cake People (November Rain)
Hey Girl - The Loose Rails (Prospective)
Walking With My Girl - Los Portros (Munster)
Spying on The Spys - Portastatic (Merge)
I Can Hardly Spell My Name - Lambchop (Blood Sucker)
Nowhere Town - Chris Mills (Skyco Brand)

Waking Up Drunk - Spider Bags
So Bad - Harlan T. Bobo
3 Piece Suit - Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet
Let it Fly - The Shazam
Cry No More - Ko & the Knockouts
Underdog - The Dirtbombs
Iron Curtain Rock - The Drags
Southern Drums - Flat Duo Jets
Last Dance - Hearts of Stone

Zero $ Quartet
Criminology - Tom Russell
Tijuana Bible - Tom Russell
Tonight We Ride - Tom Russell
California Sun - Tom Russell

Close Up the Honky Tonks - Dwight Yoakam
Lonely All Alone - Two Dollar Pistols

Tease - Beach Patrol
Ain't Got No Money - Jack O. & the Tear Jerkers
Tonight, Tonight - The Anabolics
Dug My Grave - The Fall-Outs
Heavy Kids - Leather Uppers
Memphis Chicken - Gibson Bros.
10 Wheels for Jesus - Beasts of Bourbon
Wah-Hey - The A-Bones
Mascara, Miniskirts and Madness - Neanderthals

1 comment:

edvin said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Montana

http://pianotutorial.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails